Mental toughness is a huge indicator of success. Do you have what it takes?
Look At Life With A New Lens
It’s hard to be mentally tough, especially when you feel stuck. The ability to break the mold and take a bold new direction requires that extra grit, daring, and spunk that only the mentally toughest people have. You can be that person! It’s easier than you know. Once you find out how easy it is, you will laugh 🙂 Why did I not do this sooner. But, you are doing it now because you are reading this blog. Each step gets you closer to mental toughness. I’m going to telI you how its done.
Whatever the challenge, you have to be strong, see things through a new lens, and take decisive action if you want to move through it successfully,
10 TIPS -How To Build Mental Toughness
- Emotional Intelligence: This is the true cornerstone of mental toughness. Tolerate and understand your negative emotions. Then, do something productive with them.
- Confidence: There is a difference between true confidence—as opposed to the false confidence. True confidence inspires others to be confident. Confident people go on to earn higher wages and get promoted more quickly than others.
- Toxic People: Dealing with difficult people is frustrating and exhausting. Mentally tough people are able to take the toxic person with a grain of salt to avoid letting him or her bring them down.
- Embrace change: Mentally tough people are flexible and are constantly adapting. Only when you embrace change can you find the good in it.
- Saying NO: Mentally tough people know that saying no is healthy. The mentally tough also know how to exert self-control by saying no to themselves. They delay gratification and avoid impulsive action that causes harm.
- Embracing failure: By recognizing that you are on the wrong path, your mistakes pave the way for you to succeed. Big breakthroughs come when you’re feeling the most frustrated and the most stuck.
- Exercise: People who exercised twice a week for 10 weeks felt more socially, intellectual, and athletically competent.
- SLEEP: Make quality sleep a top priority. When you sleep, your brain removes toxic proteins, which are by-products of neural activity when you’re awake. Toxic proteins impairing your ability to think.
- Forgive: Hate and anger are emotional parasites that destroy your joy in life. When you forgive someone, it doesn’t condone their actions; it simply frees you from being their eternal victim.
- Be relentlessly positive: Fragile economies, failing companies, and environmental disasters. It’s easy to think the world is headed downhill fast. Don’t get caught up in things you can’t control.
MENTAL TOUGHNESS Credo: Tough people never look back, and no complaining or criticizing others. Celebrate the success of others, and make your own success with true grit in one hand and a ‘never give up’ attitude in the other. And, you WILL succeed!